Thursday, July 2, 2009

Talking more about the image project

Crystal -
My first thought was that it started off with the minor inconveniences that we in Champaign have to deal with and then was followed by instances of real hardship in other cultures, but when the images that looked school-related came up, I couldn't make sense of it, unless it a return to the "Champaign life".

Dan -
Random set - I'm getting a claustrophobic feeling from the images of the stacks in the dark. The addition of the random pages and Dan searching the shelves makes it seem like there's supposed to be a narrative.
Ordered set - Looks more like a narrative. The lights going on and off seem to be following a pattern(?). And Dan only shows up somewhere in the second half, so it looks like the isles light up before he gets there, but in a kind of creepy way that makes it look like there wasn't a person planning it, or that it was almost frantic/haphazard/etc.

HK -
I couldn't quite pick out what was going on in this one. I saw some contrasting images, but I couldn't tell what topic they were arguing over. The holocaust victims did happen before some anorexic girls, but the rest had what looked like government protests of some kind, but I couldn't see what they were rallying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment