Monday, July 27, 2009

Interactive media object

GROOVESHARK

Grooveshark is a search engine for streaming music that categorizes the search results into a really nifty format and lets you make a playlist of the tracks you find. It succeeds as being interactive because you provide input and the search engine brings back results that you then interact with further. What's particularly successful about this site is the nifty layout that I mentioned. I used to use Seeqpod for the same reason, but then that died and I found Grooveshark. Seeqpod only gave a list of songs that were in some way related to the search query, but also had the playlist feature. Grooveshark, on the other hand, has an awesome interface that gives you options on how to sort the files that get returned, so you can even enqueue an entire album with one click. I use it for all my music discovery needs.

I also really like this as a "media object" because it brings back more media...objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment