Monday, July 6, 2009

Response to Shipka questions

From Nick's blog:
1. Shipka talks about how the choice of particular words/ideas affects what is produced. How do you change your style of writing when you're putting a post on your blog?

My response:
This question brings up other interesting questions, like how a person defines themselves in different situations. I personally try to be fairly consistent in the way I speak and write, but the writing that goes into my blog does tend to be more casual than what goes into something like a 6-page paper that makes up half of my grade. I always like to use concise, descriptive words to make my point as clear as possible, but I don't spend as much time trying to get the perfect word as I would in a more "important" assignment. And since this is more about initial impressions than final conclusions, it allows the content to be more spontaneous, so that's what you'll see in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment